Spring (March to May) ,Autumn (September to November)
Flight and Jeep, mini bus
Requires good physical level
1 - 8 pax
The Gokyo Lakes Trek is an adventurous and scenic trekking route in the Everest region of Nepal. It offers a unique and less crowded alternative to the popular Everest Base Camp Trek. The journey takes you through picturesque valleys, charming Sherpa villages, and breathtaking landscapes, leading to the stunning turquoise Gokyo Lakes nestled amidst towering peaks. The trek also includes a challenging but rewarding ascent of Gokyo Ri, a vantage point that provides panoramic views of Everest, Cho Oyu, Makalu, and other majestic mountains.
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, and transfer to Hotel . Take the day to rest and prepare for the adventure ahead. Meet with your trekking guide for a detailed briefing about the Gokyo Lakes Trek
An early morning flight takes you to Lukla, where the excitement builds as you embark on your trek. The trail leads you to Phakding, a picturesque village situated along the Dudh Koshi River. The trek is relatively gentle and takes around 3 to 4 hours, allowing you to acclimate to the higher altitude.
Continuing on the well-marked trail, you'll pass through lush forests, cross suspension bridges, and make your way to Namche Bazaar, the bustling Sherpa capital. The ascent is gradual, but you'll gain significant altitude. The trek takes approximately 5 to 6 hours, and Namche Bazaar offers an essential acclimatization stop with various amenities.
Today is a crucial rest day to acclimatize to the higher altitude. Explore the vibrant town of Namche Bazaar, visit the Sherpa museum, and take a short hike to the Everest View Hotel for breathtaking panoramas. Acclimatization is essential for a safe and enjoyable trek.
Leaving Namche behind, the trail continues through rhododendron and pine forests, accompanied by captivating mountain vistas. The trek to Dole takes around 5 to 6 hours, and you'll be rewarded with stunning views of Cho Oyu and other peaks along the way.
As the trail unfolds, the landscapes become more rugged and breathtaking. The trek to Machhermo, a small settlement, offers mesmerizing views of the surrounding peaks. It takes approximately 4 to 5 hours to reach Machhermo.
Trekking through the captivating Ngozumpa Glacier, you'll be greeted by the picturesque Gokyo Valley. The trail leads to Gokyo, a charming village set amidst turquoise glacial lakes and towering mountains. The trek to Gokyo takes around 4 to 5 hours.
Rest and acclimatize in Gokyo. Optionally, hike up to Gokyo Ri (5,357 meters) for stunning panoramic views of Everest, Makalu, Cho Oyu, and other peaks. Explore the enchanting fifth Gokyo Lake or simply revel in the serene beauty of the surroundings.
As you leave Gokyo behind, the trek continues along the Ngozumpa Glacier. The trail leads you to Thagnak, a remote and peaceful settlement surrounded by captivating landscapes. The trek takes approximately 4 to 5 hours.
Today is one of the most challenging and rewarding days of the trek as you cross the famous Cho La Pass. The pass offers breathtaking views, and after descending, you'll reach Dzongla, a small village with dramatic surroundings. The trek takes around 7 to 8 hours.
Trek through the memorial area dedicated to climbers who lost their lives on Everest. As you approach Lobuche, you'll be surrounded by towering peaks, creating a sense of awe and reverence. The trek to Lobuche takes approximately 5 to 6 hours.
Today is the day you've been eagerly waiting for - the journey to Everest Base Camp. The trail takes you to Gorak Shep, the last settlement before Everest Base Camp. After a short rest, you'll continue towards the base camp, where you can witness the iconic Khumbu Icefall and the Everest summit. The trek takes around 7 to 8 hours.
An early morning hike takes you to the summit of Kala Patthar for stunning sunrise views of Everest and its neighboring peaks. Descend to Gorak Shep and continue the trek to Pheriche, a lower altitude for better acclimatization. The trek takes approximately 7 to 8 hours.
Trek back to Namche Bazaar, enjoying the scenic landscapes along the way. The trail offers a mix of nostalgia and satisfaction as you retrace your steps through the Himalayan beauty. The trek takes around 6 to 7 hours.
The final leg of the trek takes you back to Lukla, where you'll spend the last night in the mountains. Reflect on your incredible journey in the Everest region and celebrate with your fellow trekkers.
Take an early morning flight from Lukla to Kathmandu, where you'll return to the cultural vibrancy of the city. Rest and relax in Kathmandu or explore the city's historical landmarks and bustling markets.
Bid farewell to Nepal and its majestic mountains as you depart from Kathmandu, marking the end of your memorable Gokyo Lakes Trek.
- Airport transfers: Arrival and departure transfers between the airport and hotel in Kathmandu.
- Accommodation: Standard hotels in Kathmandu on a twin-sharing basis and teahouses during the trek.
- Meals: Full-board meals during the trek (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), as well as welcome and farewell dinners in Kathmandu.
- Internal flights: Round-trip flights from Kathmandu to Lukla.
- Experienced Sherpa Guide
- Porters: Porter service to carry trekking gear, with a limit on weight per trekker to ensure ethical practices.
- Trekking permits: Sagarmatha National Park entry permit and TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card.
- Sightseeing: Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu, covering UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Acclimatization: Rest days and gradual altitude gain to aid in acclimatization during the trek.
- First Aid: Basic first aid kit and emergency medical assistance, including evacuation if necessary.
- Government taxes and fees: All applicable government taxes and service charges.
- International flights: Flights to and from Kathmandu.
- Nepal visa: Obtaining a visa to enter Nepal.
- Travel insurance: Comprehensive travel insurance covering trekking activities and emergency medical evacuation.
- Additional meals: Meals in Kathmandu, except for welcome and farewell dinners.
- Personal expenses: Expenses for beverages, snacks, souvenirs, laundry, and other personal items.
- Tips: Gratuities for guides, porters, and staff members
- Extra costs: Any additional expenses incurred due to delays, unforeseen circumstances, or changes in the itinerary beyond our control.
- Optional activities: Optional tours, excursions, or activities not included in the standard itinerary.