Overland Kailash Tour
Buddhists believe that Mount Kailash is the home of the Buddha Chakrasaṃvara (also known as Khorlo Demchok in Tib. ), who represents supreme bliss.
There are numerous sites in the Mt’ Kailash region associated with Milarepa and Padmasambhava (Guru Rinpoche), Guru Rinpoche with the tantric practices around Mt’ Kilash around Tibet are credited and established Buddhism in Tibet.
The journey to Mt. Kailash (Kang Rinpoche) is an important pilgrimage for Buddhists and Hindus over the centuries. It is a wrathful manifestation of the Buddha in Addition to Jains and also to. It is believed that one circuit of the sacred Mt. Kailash Kora / Circle Walking around the Kailash (54 km/32-mile) wipes out the negative karma and obstacles of once lifetime.
Day 01: Drive Kathmandu- Kyirung (2800m approx.)
Drive from Kathmandu to Nepal Tibet border along a scenic highway. After immigration formalities at the border, and drive and O/N guest House.
Day 02: Rest Day in Kyirung)
Acclimatize in Kyirung . Free afternoon look around. O/n at Guest house.
Day 03: Drive Kyirung to Saga/4450m- 232 km
First day with a long drive on the desert terrain. Driving past nomad camps and sheep and yak herds. We can see Gaurishankar, Shishapangma and Langtang Himal from the pass. Continue drive through Khunmen Tso, Sinling, Karru Ongchen and Peiku tso Lake (4400m). Crossing river Brahmaputra ( “Yarling Tsangpo” in Tibetan ) to reach Saga (4600m). O/N in Standard Hotel.
Day 04:- Saga – Manasarovar lake (4550m) 460km – O/N Guest House visit Chhu Gompa .
Day 05:- Explore Lake Manasarover , Drive to Darchen (4,660m) 53km. O/N at Hotel.
Day 06:- Drive 30 Min to Darboche and Kora starts here so we walk by feet about 18 KM to Dira Phuk (4800m) O/N at Lodge.
Day 07:- Derapuk to Zutulpuk (4750m) Via Dolmala Pass (5634m) 19km. O/N At Lodge.
Day 08:- Zutul Phuk – Darchen (14km) – drive to New Dongba (4,430m) 60km. O/N Guest House.
Day 09:- Drive to Saga O/N Hotel.
Day 10: Drive back to Kyirung (232km) 6-7 hr.
Day 11: Kyirung to Kathmandu 150 km
1. Hotel and Guest House Accommodation.
2. Private Transportation
3. All necessary Tibet Travel and Trekking permits
4. English speaking Tibetan Guide from Tibet and Sherpa guide and supporting staff from
7. Food – breakfast, lunch and dinner
8. Drinks – tea, coffee, herbal tea
9. All sightseeing and entrance fees as per itinerary
10. Yak and Yak man during the Mt. Kailash Khora for the luggage,
11. Airport transfer
13. Portable Oxygen cylinders for emergency
14. High Altitude Chemical Medicine, Diamox and Tibetan herbal pills
15. Water resistant travel bag as courtesy.
1. Accommodation in Kathmandu
2. Personal Horse during Kailash Khora if needed.
3. Travel and personal expenses
5. Any Additional cost due to Nature calamity and Unforeseen Circumstances and etc.