Best time to Travel in Nepal
Nepal is very interesting small country because of bio-diversity due to its unique geographical position and altitude variation. The elevation of the country ranges from 60 m above sea level to the highest point on earth, Mt. Everest at 8848 m, all within a distance of 140 km resulting into climatic conditions from Sub-tropical to Arctic.
Nepal has mainly 4 different seasons in terms of weather
- Spring Season (February to May)
- Monsoon season (June-August)
- Autumn season (September – November)
- Winter Season (December – January )
- If you like to do trekking above 3000 meter best time is Spring Season (February to May) and Autumn season (September – November)
- If you want to do trekking in Winter Season (December – January ) is very cold above 3000 m because of snow on the high mountain passes so you have to trek in lower altitude areas.
- Monsoon season (June-August) is rainy season and most of the view are covered with cloud but during monsoon season we have rain shadow area in the north of Himalaya like Mustang,Manang, and Dolpa. This place are dry monsoon because the rain clouds can not get them.